These are usually “one-man band” characters, very talented grapegrowers and winemakers that make top-notch wines. Sometimes you just come across extremely gifted people throughout your career. We have been blessed to meet them and feel very grateful to introduce them to genuine wine enthusiasts. You will visit to 3 off-the-beaten-track wineries and enjoy a private guided tour at two of them, along with 3 tastings.
We will visit artisanal, non-touristy, more remotely located wineries. Experience first hand the wonderful hand-crafted wines on this intimate tour that unveils the lesser-known face of Rioja wines and winemakers.
Duration: from 9am to 5pm
- Hotel pick up and drop off in Logroño, Laguardia, Haro, Marqués de Riscal and Viura
- Chauffered transportation in La Rioja in a brand new 9-seater van or a 7-seater people carrier
- Visit to 3 off-the-beaten-track wineries with two private guided tours
- Tasting session of 4 signature wines at a high-end terroir-oriented winery
- Tasting session of 3 high-quality wines at a small winery not open to the general public (word of mouth amongst sommeliers)
- Tasting session of 3 fine wines at a top quality small boutique winery
- All admission fees and all tastings
- Bottled mineral water
- Traditional home-made lunch served at a private underground cellar underneath a 12th century castle
- Guide services with an English speaking guide and wine expert