230.00 € – 360.00 €
An introduction to Rioja wines and styles
The Winery Hopping tour is a must-do: learn how to decode Rioja once and for all
A perfect introduction to Rioja
All winelovers we have had said it’s a great overview of the different winemaking styles within Rioja. It is suited for first-timers and those who wish to understand and learn about Rioja varieties, wine aging classification system and styles.
Learn everything you need to know about Rioja wines
Rioja produces a wide range of wines: from traditional American oak-aged Reservas and Gran Reservas to more modern fruit-driven and terroir-oriented wines. If you want to start learning about Rioja, this tour will give you the basis to understand Rioja key factors. It’s the preliminary explanation to get familiar to our local varieties, classification systems and winemaking processes.
An overall perspective of Rioja
As a comprehensive introduction, it covers the traditional Rioja portfolio (young white, Crianza, Reserva, Gran Reserva) and the single-varietal wines that highlight the terroir. This way it provides an overall perspective of Rioja wines. This tour is the perfect choice for those who are more focused on the tasting sessions than the guided tour itself.
There is truly something for every palate here. You will see 3 wineries very different from each other and taste 12 high-quality wines in total.
This is the itinerary of your Winery Hopping wine tour in Rioja.
Hotel pick up and drop off in Logroño, Laguardia, Villabuena, Elciego, Abalos, Haro and Briñas.
- 9am hotel pick up check pick up towns here
Hotel pick up and drop off in the towns of Logroño, Laguardia, Villabuena, Elciego, Ábalos, Briones, Haro and Briñas.
- Stop at a vineyard to see the vines and explain the DOCa Rioja growing methods, climate, soils and wine classification systems
- Tasting session of 5 fine wines at a winery run by the 5th generation
- Tasting session of 3 high-quality wines at a high-end terroir-oriented winery
- Tasting session of 5 fine wines at a winery located in the renowned Railway Station District of Haro
- Farm-to-table freshly-made lunch paired with 1 wine at our private entertainment room in a quaint medieval village . The dining room is perched up on a hill, just beneath a church and a 12th-century castle.
- 6pm hotel drop off