260.00 € – 360.00 €
Cutting edge architecture for wine lovers
A tour to explore the jaw-dropping architectural masterpieces of Rioja.
Architectural wineries in Rioja
You will gain a comprehensive overview of the range of architectural styles by visiting wineries that are very different from each other: the contrast of avant-garde, 15th-century cellars and state-of-the-art wineries is the best way to understand the diversity Rioja offers.
Wine and Architecture go hand and hand in Rioja. How does wine influence architecture?
Winemaking has influenced architecture throughout Rioja over hundreds of years. You will understand how and why.
The pioneer was Gustav Eiffel in 1890 followed by a number of renowned international architects including: Frank Gehry, Santiago Calatrava, Zaha Hadid, Iñaki Aspiazu and Philippe Mazierres.
As a result, Rioja wineries showcase a variety of architectural styles: from Art-Déco jewels to natural gravity-fed caves, contemporary building or avant-garde temples.
You will taste 12 wines in total.
Art & Wine marriage
There are multiple examples of the marriage of wine and architecture in Rioja.
What one may not expect is that those buildings blend in beautifully with the landscape, which just adds to La Rioja’s allure.
However, it is difficult to describe without experiencing it first-hand, therefore we invite you to discover some jaw-dropping architectural wineries with us and understand them within their context.
- 9am hotel pick up check pick up towns here
Hotel pick up and drop off in the towns of Logroño, Laguardia, Villabuena, Elciego, Ábalos, Briones, Haro and Briñas.
- Stop at a vineyard to see the vines and explain the DOCa Rioja growing methods, climate, soils and wine classification systems
- Guided tour and tasting of 3 wines at one of Rioja’s architectural masterpieces
- Tasting of 3 fine wines at a contemporary architectural winery
- Private guided tour and tasting of 3 wines at a 16th-century underground network of winemaking caves
- Farm-to-table freshly-made lunch paired with 1 wine at our private entertainment room in a quaint medieval village . The dining room is perched up on a hill, just beneath a church and a 12th-century castle.
- 6pm hotel drop off