Winemaking has influenced architecture throughout Rioja over hundreds of years; we will show you how and why.
The pioneer was Gustav Eiffel in 1890 followed by a number of renowned international architects including: Frank Ghery, Santiago Calatrava, Zaha Hadid and Philippe Mazierres.
Built more recently, this small region has over 600 wineries that showcase a variety of architectural styles: from modernist jewels to avant-garde temples.
What one may not expect is that those buildings blend in beautifully with the landscape, which just adds to La Rioja’s allure. It is difficult to describe without experiencing it first-hand. Together we will discover some jaw-dropping architectural wineries and understand them within their context.
Duration: from 9am to 5pm
- Hotel pick up and drop off in Logroño, Laguardia, Haro, Marqués de Riscal and Viura
- Chauffered transportation in La Rioja in a brand new 9-seater van or a 7-seater people carrier
- Visiting 3 architectural wineries including a guided tour at one of them
- Tasting session of 2-3 wines at each winery
- All admission fees and all tastings
- Bottled mineral water
- Traditional home-made lunch served at a private underground cellar underneath a 12th century castle
- Guide services with an English speaking guide and wine expert