240.00 € – 360.00 €
Gain an in-depth knowledge of the wine and a feel for the traditions behind it.
A tour for wine lovers who want to see the behind-the-scenes.
Spend the day with the grapegrowers and winemakers.
Meet two generations of a winemaking family and see the behind-the-scenes of a winemaker’s day to day life.
This is an exclusive tour of Rioja wine country: taste some superb wines at cellars not normally open to the public.
This tour has been designed for people who want to gain an in-depth knowledge of the wine they are tasting and a feel for the traditions behind it.
Ask everything you always wanted to know
When you taste you only see the final product. On this tour you will have the opportunity to ask them everything you always wanted to know about grapes, vineyards and winemaking decisions over (many) glasses of wine.
You will wander through the vineyards at your leisure with the winemakers, learning about viticulture and the winemaking process.
First we will visit their vineyards and see the vines being worked. We will finish with an extensive Rioja tasting of the fruits of those labours at the private dining room of the family-run winery. The father and the son who work the vines will be happy to share their knowledge and passion for their wine.
We will then head to a boutique family-run winery to enjoy 4 wines. Afterwards we will have lunch and we’ll finish off the day with another tasting at a family-owned winery.
This is the itinerary of the Meet the Winemakers tour:
- 9am hotel pick up check pick up towns here
Hotel pick up and drop off in the towns of Logroño, Laguardia, Villabuena, Elciego, Ábalos, Briones, Haro and Briñas.
- Private guided tour at their vineyards and explanation of grape varieties, soils, growing methods and vine labours
- Guided tour at the winery conducted by the winemaker and tasting session of 5 wines from their portfolio
- Tasting of 4 wines at a boutique winery
- Farm-to-table home-made lunch paired with 2 wines served at our private underground cellar excavated out of bedrock underneath a 12th century castle
- Tasting of 3 wines at a family-owned winery run by the 3rd generation of winemakers
- 6pm hotel drop off