Meet two generations of a winemaking family and ask them everything you always wanted to know about wines over a glass of wine, some chorizo and country bread.
This is an exclusive tour of Rioja wine country: taste some superb wines at cellars not normally open to the public. Wander through the vineyards at your leisure with the winemakers, learning about viticulture and the wine making process.
First we will visit their vineyards and see the vines being worked. We will finish with an extensive tasting of the fruits of those labours at the family-run winery. The father and the son who work the vines will be happy to share their knowledge and passion for their wine. We will then head to a boutique family-run winery to enjoy 4 wines.
These tours have been designed for people who want to gain an in-depth knowledge of the wine they are tasting and a feel for the traditions behind it.
Duration: from 9am to 5pm
- Hotel pick up and drop off in Logroño, Laguardia, Haro, Marqués de Riscal and Viura
- Chauffered transportation in La Rioja in a brand new 9-seater van or a 7-seater people carrier
- Private guided tour at their vineyards and explanation of grape varieties, soils, growing methods and vine labours
- Guided tour at the winery conducted by the winemaker and tasting session of 5 wines from their portfolio
- Tasting of 4 wines at a boutique winery run by the 3rd generation of winemakers
- All admission fees and all tastings
- Bottled mineral water
- Traditional home-made lunch served at a private underground cellar underneath a 12th century castle
- Guide services with an English speaking guide and wine expert