There is a specific area where they have mastered the art: three villages that form The Clarete Triangle. You will visit some family-run wineries to learn about this particular winemaking process while the winemaker fills your glass with the finest artisan Clarete.
To round off the experience, we will head to San Millan de La Cogolla, the cradle of the Spanish Language. La Rioja is steeped in history and has had a great influence on Spain as a whole. Known as the birthplace of modern Spanish, we can trace the first evidence of the written language back to the region.
You will visit the monasteries that are a repository of centuries of history, folklore and stories which are an intrinsic part of the Spanish language, culture and history. Our tour will guide you through that golden age for the area and show you the splendour of that era.
The tour includes:
- Private guided tour at 2 wineries
- Tasting session of 4 wines at each winery
- Guided tour to the monastery of San Millan de La Cogolla
- Traditional picnic or lunch at a restaurant
- Private guide services with an English speaking guide
- Chauffered transportation