This tour is perfect for people who want to sample high-end wines and lay down wine or save it for a special occasion. Whether you care about wine ratings or not, you’ll indulge on a trip to taste the most acclaimed wines by international wine gurus and Riojan winemakers.
We have prepared a (biased) selection of Premium wines that represent some of Rioja’s best wines available at the moment. Some are big bold wines sourced from 90-year old vines, whereas others feature extraordinary concentration from younger vines. All are complex wines with a long drinking window, usually tagged as collector’s items
92 to 97 points
You’ll get to see top wineries and taste their wines, all of them rated 92 to 97 points by US and Europe wine experts Robert Parker and Tim Atkin. You will sample a total of 8-9 wines at 3-4 renowed wineries (depending on their availability).
Duration: 9am to 6pm
Number of wines tasted: 8-9
- 9am hotel pick up drop off
- stop at a vineyard to see the vines and explain the Rioja growing methods, climate, soils and wine classification system
- Tasting session of 2 fine wines at a winery
- Tasting session of 2 high-quality wines at a winery
- Tasting session of 2 top wines at a winery
- Farm-to-table home-made lunch paired with 2 wines at our underground cellar excavated out of bedrock, underneath a 12th-century castle
- Tasting session of 2 high-end wines at a winery
- 6pm hotel drop off