Winemaking has influenced architecture throughout the region over hundreds of years; we will show you how and why.
The pioneer was Gustav Eiffel in 1890 followed by a number of renowned international architects including: Frank Ghery, Santiago Calatrava, Zaha Hadid and Philippe Mazierres.
Built more recently, this small region has over 600 wineries that showcase a variety of architectural styles: from modernist jewels to avant-garde temples.
What one may not expect is that those buildings blend in beautifully with the landscape, which just adds to La Rioja’s allure. It is difficult to describe without experiencing it first-hand.
Together we will discover some jaw-dropping architectural wineries and understand them within their context.
The tour includes:
- Hotel pick up and drop off in Logroño, Laguardia, Elciego, Villabuena and Haro
- Visiting 4 architectural wineries including a guided tour at one of them
- Tasting session of at least 2 different wines at each winery
- Traditional lunch served at a private cave excavated out of bedrock
- Private guide services with an English speaking guide
- Chauffered transportation in La Rioja
Hotel pick up and drop off in San Sebastian and Bilbao can be arranged at an additional cost. Kindly ask us for a transfer quotation at email@example.com