Meet three generations of a winemaking family and ask them everything you always wanted to know about wines over a glass of wine, some chorizo and country bread.
This is an exclusive tour of Rioja wine country: taste some superb wines at cellars not normally open to the public. Wander through the vineyards at your leisure with the winemakers, learning about viticulture and the wine making process.
First we will visit their vineyards and see the vines being worked. We will finish with an extensive tasting of the fruits of those labours at the family-run winery . The father and the son who work the vines will be happy to share their knowledge and passion for their wine.
These tours have been designed for people who want to gain an in-depth knowledge of the wine they are tasting and a feel for the traditions behind it.
The tour includes:
- Hotel pick up and drop off in Logroño, Laguardia, Elciego, Villabuena and Haro
- Private guided tour at the vineyards and explanation of grape varieties, soils and vine labours
- Guided tour at the winery and extensive tasting session of their wine porfolio
- Traditional Riojan lunch of baby lamb chops grilled over vine cuttings
- Private guide services with an English speaking guide
- Chauffered transportation in La Rioja
Hotel pick up and drop off in San Sebastian and Bilbao can be arranged at an additional cost. Kindly ask us for a transfer quotation at email@example.com